Maintenance Tips for Hardwood Floors
Floors with oil and urethane-type finishes are extremely durable. With just minimal care your floor will look beautiful for years to come. The key to preserving your floor is protecting its finish. Hardwood floors require minimal care, but it is important that you provide regular care.
- Wipe up spills with a soft dry cloth and never wet mop a hardwood floor.
- Keep your pet’s nails trimmed.
- Throw rugs or area rugs should be used in high traffic areas or pivot point areas, such as in front of kitchen sinks.
- Use doormats at the entrances to your home to help trap dirt and grit.
- Install felt pads on the bottom of chairs, tables, and other furniture.
- Use Bona Hardwood floor cleaner for URETHANE FINISHES.
- Use a dolly with wide base air tires when moving heavy furniture.
- Maintain a normal indoor relative humidity level of 35% to 60%.
- Do not try to slide or roll heavy objects across the floor without precautions.
- Do not use a vacuum with beater bars.
- Do not wax your floors.
- Do not walk with spikes or “stiletto-style” heel shoes.
- Do not use Household cleaners like Murphy’s oil, Fantastic, Pine-Sol, Pledge, Mr. Clean or any other containing ammonia or solvents, waxes and oil soaps.